Technology is evolving rapidly. To stay ahead of the curve, your team needs to keep their skills sharp. Continuing education plays a critical role in ensuring your organization can manage the complexities of today’s technology and maintain optimal performance. The challenge is ensuring your team gets the ongoing training they need.
Training Challenges Impact Employee Education
Today’s public safety agencies have to navigate a wide variety of procedures, processes, technologies and environments in order to be effective. This requires easy and timely access to documentation, SOP’s, policies, skill and behavioral training as well as training on the technology stack they use.
Ensuring documentation and training is in the right place at the right time, easy to access, trackable, measurable and up-to-date continues to be a challenge. When you add in dwindling budgets and a focus on one-size-fits-all training modules, it’s easy to see why organizations are facing increased difficulties in implementing effective and efficient employee education.
More and more organizations are facing relentless pressure to do more with less. Currently, 40 percent of CIOs cite insufficient budgets and resources as a significant barrier to their objectives. Continued training can be costly and the total spend can be difficult to predict, creating challenges for already budget-conscious agencies.
Traditional, one-size-fits-all training methods can also lend a challenge to your organization. Courses are not always curated for specific roles and tasks and may not fit the exact needs of your team. In addition, scheduling can be inflexible and courses can be difficult to access. With 87 percent of U.S. workers agreeing that anytime, anywhere access to training information is needed to do their jobs, it’s clear that current training formats are not necessarily keeping pace with the evolving needs of your employees.
Evolving the Learning Continuum
Organizations are quickly learning that effective education is no longer limited to formal training mediums – including classroom instruction and e-learning programs. Today, we are seeing a shift toward the creation of new, agile learning solutions that combine formal learning, informal learning, information and collaboration. The result is the formation of a “personal learning environment” that meets the individual needs of each participant.
This shift from a more “content-focused” to a “learner-focused” education centers on providing skills and practices that enable lifelong learning and independent problem solving.This learner-centered educational approach allows each individual to choose what they will learn and how they will pace their learning – promoting a more engaged learning environment.
Simple Training with Learning Subscriptions
At Motorola Solutions, we’ve developed a Learning Subscription Program that provides your team with simple access to learning content via educational hubs. Our Learning Subscription Program provides you with the learner-focused education you need to be ready for the moment:
- Streamlined monitoring: Learners will now have the ability to administer, track, and assign training based on their needs. An administrative dashboard allows training to be assigned to team members and establishes due dates to track the status of completion. Each learner will have their own transcript so they can easily identify areas of skills development and / or improvement, and know exactly what training they need to take.
- Bring your own training: Your organization can bring and store your own training, making the Learning Experience Portal (LXP) your one-stop shop for all education needs. Upload your own unique content for a more customized experience. Administrators will be able to upload an unlimited amount of training to keep learners’ skills current and compliant. Seamlessly manage your content to stay productive and successful.
- Curated experience: Learning journeys involve a specially curated list of resources that provide guidance on applicable training for each team member based on their unique role or task. Each individual is able to follow their own learning “path” to gain the applicable skills they need to remain successful in their role and up-to-date on evolving technologies. Multiple content modalities makes it easy to customize training to individual learning styles. As new education services are released, your curated path is also updated to stay current with newly released courses and resources ensuring your team is always up-to-date.
- Anytime, anywhere learning: Our enhanced digital experience and unlimited, flexible learning format allows you and your team to remotely access content from virtually anywhere. Content is available as soon as you need it and a streamlined navigation directs you to what you need quickly and efficiently. A Virtual Professor is also available, providing access to industry expert-level instructors who have decades of experience working on and training others on Motorola Solutions technologies. This unique resource gives you the opportunity to ask more questions that are specifically tailored to your needs. In addition, an extensive amount of training resources, including videos and documentation, are available on-demand.
- Predictable costs: A subscription based learning program provides your organization with a predictable spend model that makes it easy to manage costs. Expenses are based on price per user per year and reflects a lower cost-per-user than single online training course purchases. Subscriptions allow your organization to access unlimited content and includes discounts for virtual instructor-led classroom training and in-person live training.
Your organization needs a continuous education and training system that is simple, agile and cost effective. Learn more about how Learning Subscription Program can help you and your team.