You may already know that ASTRO 25 systems support a number of P25 standard interfaces that allow it to connect to other P25 compliant systems, consoles and radios. But did you know that ASTRO 25 also has a variety of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that allows software to interact and even control portions of the system?
With APIs, you have access to new and innovative applications offered by our application developer community. API’s allow you to share data across technologies, thereby increasing collaboration with broadband users and other organizations. Our application developer community gives you the ability to select from applications with functional use for many agencies or a customized solution to meet a specific requirement.
What APIs are available for ASTRO 25?
- Radio Control APIs enable an application to control the functionality of the radio. For example, radio control might be useful for an application that needs to ensure everyone in a defined area is on the same talkgroup.
- Console APIs provide a high-level interface for dispatcher and voice logging applications. Using these interfaces, console functions can be integrated into other applications to provide the ability to support a customized user interface.
- Network APIs provide access to a variety of network configuration, performance and fault data. These APIs could be used to consolidate your disparate network management systems into a Manager of Managers (MoM) that can correlate alarms and events to provide a single view of the performance of all your systems.
- Data APIs enable software applications to use the ASTRO 25 system as an IP data pipe. The spectrum efficient narrow band channel is ideal for the transfer of small files and short bursts of data such as license plate lookups, text and GPS location.
- Convergence Suite APIs extend the reach of applications beyond ASTRO 25 to include broadband by utilizing our Convergence Suite of API’s. Cross platform applications can take advantage of integrated API’s for Location and Mapping, Group Management, Messaging, Context and Security to make use of data over a wider population of users.
Through the use of ASTRO 25 and Convergence Suite of APIs, software developers can create innovative applications to solve the unique needs of an individual organization or capitalize on the ASTRO 25 network to provide value based applications.