We live in a fast-moving and often uncertain world. Over the past decade, the world saw an average of more than 600 major natural disasters annually – costing billions of dollars and resulting in large-scale loss of life. Terror attacks and cybersecurity crime are also on the rise across the globe. Further compounding today’s volatile reality is the COVID-19 pandemic. All these crises, from weather-related disasters to terror attacks to widespread disease, are unpredictable and pose serious risks to your mission-critical system performance.
53% of network outages are caused by natural disasters.
Cybercrime is predicted to cost $6 trillion annually by 2021.
Facing the Worst-Case Scenario
You can’t predict what threats or disasters might disrupt your operations. While mission-critical systems are built to be resilient, major disasters or events can cause part or all of your technology ecosystem to be stressed – ultimately impacting your operations.
The fact is, the best time to respond to an emergency is long before it occurs, with a proactive disaster response strategy designed to ensure your mission-critical systems are up and running when they’re needed most. And it’s not enough to be prepared for one, or even simultaneous disasters. Agencies must have scalable, proactive strategies that anticipate and even expect multiple overlapping detrimental events.
Preparing Your Organization
There’s never been a more critical time to ensure business continuity through monitoring and managing the availability of your mission-critical technology.
Thankfully your organization doesn’t have to go it alone.
With five pillars of major incident management, Motorola Solutions partners with your agency to develop and execute highly customized emergency management plans– so you can ensure you’re prepared for natural disasters and other events.
- Business Continuity Plan: Creating a business continuity plan is key to ensuring system operations are supported during an emergency. This plan should include clearly defined invocation criteria, a comprehensive list of the necessary resources required and the actions to be taken in order to maintain service. This ensures that your team has an action plan that they can easily put into practice.
- Integrated Team, Process and Tools: Whether an incident occurs during normal business hours, after-hours or on a holiday, you need to be able to jump into action. Our team of experts is available 24/7/365 to mobilize and is backed with the tools needed to accelerate service response and scale operations to manage the peak load of catastrophic events. Created in accordance with industry-leading best practices, our team is committed to continuous improvement – ensuring your systems run smoothly and downtime is minimized.
- Incident Response and Recovery: Moving quickly to preserve system availability is critical to your organization. In the event of a major incident, our team works with your organization to comprehend the situation and quickly develop an understanding of the potential systems, critical applications and data sources that may have been impacted – ultimately helping to implement and monitor a solution.
- Incident Process Governance: In order to ensure successful incident management, your organization needs a robust process governance. Ownership and accountability of the process should be assigned; resources, funding and tools to execute should be identified; and a clear path for escalations should be defined. This governance ensures effective incident resolutions.
- Communication and Escalation Protocols: Effective communications can be powerful in ensuring successful incident management. Understanding escalation protocols and criteria for communication can keep your team and your customers up-to-date. Our team utilizes standardized tools and applications to ensure regular and consistent communication across the board.
In today’s rapidly evolving world, there’s no better time to start building your disaster response strategy than before the next emergency hits. At Motorola Solutions, we’ll be next to you every step of the way, providing the right people, processes and tools to support emergency response at a moment’s notice – so you can have peace of mind.